Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: psychology and architecture

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Shwan on June 22, 2002 at 04:38:30:

In Reply to:  Re: psychology and architecture posted by nadia on June 22, 2002 at 04:17:17:

How can you disagree with facts? I am not saying that it is a matter of government intervention, but it is more dangerous than that. What architects do not understand is the power they hold that they are completely unaware off.

A lot of the architects take it for granted that they are one of the most powerful men on the face of this planet, shaping societies in the long run. So my argument would be when you put an architect in the position of social housing what do you base the criteria on? It is not the fact that human beings can not get along living with each other that I am criticizing, but the amalgamation of architecture and psychological implications.

What social state housing architects do not understand is that a house is the most personal piece of architecture there is. How can you expect ALL human beings to enjoy the spaces provided for them in council state buildings? It is the interiority of the architecture that they can change, and the only thing in that case that they can change would be the skin, the exteriority is untouchable, "architecture of control" this is the power that architecture has on people.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/19626.html