Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: The Price of Progress

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Jacques Pochoy on September 13, 2002 at 16:37:43:

In Reply to:  Re: The Price of Progress posted by Paul Dremann on September 13, 2002 at 14:38:35:

The french TV showed the movie done by two young french reporters that were following the "coming of age" of a young fireman. One followed the brigade in Tower 1 the other was outside. What struck me is that shortly after the impact (they were just next door for some exercise) all the lobby glass panels were down... Witnessing thus the fact that the "hammer" effect was a severe one, the effect being mostly evident on the lobby part where the structure was held thightly by the concrete "basement" while the tower itself could ploy.

That movie followed with the collapse of tower2 while the camera was still in action in tower 1, you could hear and "feel" through the camera the final rumble.
I believe there was about 5hours of films taken, what was shown covers up about one hour I think the whole film should be accessible to research teams because it shows among breathtaking views, pieces of the structure while it was failing.

But then I believe it was shown in the States for the rememberance day...? (though it contains really very emotive and hard scenes).

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/21658.html