Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: WTC memorial,my personal vision!

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  BRUTUS on September 15, 2002 at 07:00:06:

In Reply to:  WTC memorial posted by Paul Dremann on September 15, 2002 at 05:25:54:

Paul life is a constant struggle for continuty ,you should keep this in mind,i don't know even it may seems at the first , a local American issue,But many people may consider it as a globle international concern,it was an evil crime against humanity as you know.
maybe if the designers split the future project into two sections,two spaces within one aesthetic unity,were the ground level should be solely reflect a tribute to the innocent victims,with no mundane physical barriers,no curtain walls,maybe by using a giant water mirror to reflect the transparency of the human souls that once perished here,with planting some red anemone flowers distributed along s random sacred patches of the space(anemone were the the symbol of the blood of Adonis in Pheonician Mythology,this Canaanaite God had always reflected the resurrection of life in the nature,the victory of life over the death...),the underground level should be descended by a gradual penetration to lower level ,to a giant sacred negative space with a gigantic sense of proportion,as sub zero sacred ground ,an architectural womb that holds the memory of the victims...
the rest of the building should be erected by using giant monumental columns that raise the whole building,"continuity" of life is a must,this should be a subliminal message to the terrorist,not a rough naive direct message.....,i don't know,..ok don't mind my own dreams,i was just dreaming with a loud voice......

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/21684.html