Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: 300 Windows on the World

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Andrzej Gliwinski on September 16, 2002 at 15:17:12:

In Reply to:  Re: 300 Windows on the World posted by Paul Malo on September 15, 2002 at 18:08:36:

I'm not up to any aesthetics, but to a spatial disposal of office's function. He has disposed it in two identic tower sectors (110-storeyed), the third was twice smaller (47 storeys - on the side of north), two 9-storeyed + US Customs Office (unknown to me numer of storeys), and Port hotel (22 storeys). What logic was in it? Why two were equal? A disproportion was only too visible! This is just evident proof of imitation... To put it mildly!

R. Cohen's article (from before 12 years) speaks much about economical - political sources of investment undertaking called WTC at New York. One of propagandists' reasons - a friendship of two states - New York and New Jersey, could even fit to both towers, if they were equal states as to their meanings. I skip not very today appropriate perhaps here a hint of author that Rockefeller is about a monument of two brothers - Nelson and David; as far as I know, they were not twins!

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/21724.html