Message - Re: Insulation?

    Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  steve on September 19, 2002 at 09:45:13:

In Reply to:  Insulation? posted by Justin Moon on September 18, 2002 at 11:19:16:

Paul has described the form, but Batt insulation is also soft and flexible in nature. Its fibrous, usually fiberglass or mineral wool, and it is commonly backed on one side with a vapor barrier of paper or foil. A typical frame house would use 4" thick or 6" thick batt insulation. Its cheap but its R-value is less per inch thickness than either polystyrene or polyisosyanurate. I think it used to be referred to as batten insulation...which may relate to its use in wood construction. It is used on most commercial jobs to some degree, often in innaccesible places that need to be stuffed.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search


Post a Response -



This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.


Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/21841.html