Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: the extinction of the nuclear family of the 50's -the disappearance of the front porch - technology what is happening?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  BRUTUS on September 21, 2002 at 08:16:43:

In Reply to:  Re: the extinction of the nuclear family of the 50's -the disappearance of the front porch - technology what is happening? posted by Paul Malo on September 21, 2002 at 07:31:43:

shopping malls,shopping malls,shopping shopping !consumerism!,are we social animals or consumer animals?,do you really think that cafe ,cinemas,retail shops,sparkling lights,vicious advertising encourage you to buy things you don't need in the first place giving fake credits to sometimes useless objects,fantasies about cosmetics & selling eternal fountain of youth to old women,sexy models in tight jeans whispering in your ears subliminal message to bye more & more & more,fake indoor green surrounding ....!
is that the (real package) or an indirect "bait",i don't think that it has targeted enhancing our social collective spaces,i think it targeted our money ,your pocket and my pocket thru a very clever ploy,to give you a pseudo-social package apparently for nothing!
we as architect know how to add the right proportion of social spices,to sell our architectural merchandise!
shopping malls vs "the spirit" of the village main court
i choose the primitive main court "spirit" in a village....

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/21904.html