Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: addendum.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  BRUTUS on September 26, 2002 at 04:07:05:

In Reply to:  Re: addendum. posted by Paul Malo on September 25, 2002 at 20:15:16:

well neither i am a psychologist,so let me state for the second time that we need the help of a psychologist to clarify the connections between these complex routes of mental process,but let me clarify my point first ,well when i spoke about "creative intuition" as an "unconscious process" ,well that was to seperate it from
any REASONING or DISCURSIVE THOUGHT ,because they cannot attain knowledge DIRECTLY like intuition,when you spoke about the "conscious persuit" well i can classify that"conscious persuit"into the domain of reasoning or the discursive thought wether it's inductive reasoning or
deductive reasoning.
well let me quote the definition of the (inventive or creative intuition):
is an intuition which is oriented towards the future.it occupies an important place in SCIENCES as well ART,for it allows us to create,guess,invent or anticipate.it may be practicle or intellectual,but in both cases IT'S A SUDDEN ILLUMINATION which results in a discovery of the scientist,artist and the technician
(Nora Klabik p.64,General Philosophy for Mathematics and Experimental Science Sections)
well let me now quote from the (Introduction to Psychology p.361
ISBN:0-15-500287-2)
VISUAL CRETIVITY:there are innumerable stories about scientists and artists producing their most creative work through visual thinking,although NOT hard evidence,these stories are among the best indicators that we have of the power of visual thinking.it's surprising that visual thinking appears to be quite effective in highly abstract areas like mathematics and physics.Albert Einstin,for example,said he rarely thought in words;rather,he worked out his ideas
in terms of"more or less clear images which can be 'voluntarily' reproduced and combined".Friedrich Kekule von Stradonitz was trying to determine the molecular structure of benzene.one night he DREAMED that a writhing,snake like figure suddenly twisted into a closed loop,biting its own tail.the structure of the snake proved to be the the structure of benzene.A DREAM IMAGE HAD PROVIDED THE SOLUTION TO A MAJOR SCIENTIFIC PROBLEM.visual images can also be creative force for WRITERS.Samuel Coleridge's famous poem "Kubla Khan" supposedly came to him in its entirety as aprolonged visual image-END
well i am NOT encouraging ANYBODY to depend solely on creative or inventive intuition or the visual creativity or whatever,i was just stating some information about the current issue.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22048.html