Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 
 

Message - learning is a life time process

    Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    
   

Posted by  BRUTUS on September 26, 2002 at 05:04:59:

In Reply to:  Re: addendum. posted by Per Corell on September 26, 2002 at 02:07:08:

Per why you have this notion about architectural students being tought in schools how to count windows?,well i have to tell you from my own personal experience thay i have learned 40% from my school and the other 60% are self construction!
architecture is a kind of a extremely wide and deep ocean,you can not explore it in 5 or 6 or 7 years,it's not enough to have a craftman background or to be a normal happy new graduate.learning should be a daily process,why you don't enroll in an architectural school with additional intensive math courses if you lack some,Per it's never too late if there is a will there is a way,i am myself 28 years old studying in my school with students that sometimes are 10 years younger than me,age is not an obstacle.
well you said that you would starve than to do compromises ,well you know this kind of logic had made me suffer two additional schoolastic years!
eventhough i was one of the best students in my class,sometimes you are obliged to do compromises,social skills or whatever!
even in schools,you MAY clash with the worst architectural brains that you may encounter in your whole life,should that be another further obstacle,NO
life only acknowledge the fittest!survival of the fittest ;-))

 
 
ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:




Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:


This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.



 

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22050.html