Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: learning is a life time process

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on September 26, 2002 at 11:48:47:

In Reply to:  learning is a life time process posted by BRUTUS on September 26, 2002 at 05:04:59:

Hi.
No, ---- my point was the opposite ,that counting windows is what is not what you learn as you learn about the academic issues in school but then the firms complain that they have to "re-educate" .

The whole trouble is acturly the "Lego way of thinking" then Art professors with a true right can say, that there are more to it than that and point to the academic issues. What shape architecture applications ,limit the creativity and at the same time the positive visions that point in a different direction ,Lego is Lego is Lego.
There are another kind of "Lego" one that work 3D true, and where a "Block" can be compleatly digfferent than all others, but still fit with all.
There are more sense in generating a full assebly framework in sheet material, than just pulling a vision of this from a standard lib as even as Jpg graphics. Sure it look nice, but how sqare is it not all way's. Sure you get your projecting, but this is totally different shaping the inviroment in 3D as self supporting framework , as boxes it that is what you want ,or honeycomb structures added from this, expanding the strength in the bottom floors with a factor of 4 if this is asked. This is what's wrong with you Romans, that you think a man can not set a goal ,within possible oppotunities ;))
Fact is that I se a few big architecture applications as "dead-ends" while that's simply what they are. producing easy reconised structures btw. Sorry how else can you feel, knowing what would be the result, if better skilled designers than I ,produce with my method.
Guess this is quite natural to say in my situation anyway ;))

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22056.html