Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: WTC shortlist

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manuel Oliveros on September 29, 2002 at 07:48:55:

In Reply to:  Re: WTC shortlist posted by Paul Malo on September 29, 2002 at 05:56:45:

Unfortunately, it has not been due to work, Paul, that I have been absent. It has been mainly wear, I am quite variable in dedication to things... however I have a place in my heart for anyone I meet in my path and I find to have good will, an I have not ever forgotten the many of such kind I here met.

So it may be good to also point here in the benefit of the less experienced students and architects that the freelance exercise of our profession is (has always been) under assail, precisely because it represents an independent eye and opinion (even if only "technical") on what is to be built, and how.

So, one can't expect pure "architectural" ideas to be built but rarely, for in most building activity the more mundane approaches prevail, neglecting even technical design, nor to say "artistic".

In this world, one that choses to be an architect faces quite assuredly some adversity, and with this I am not meaning only the commonners, even the many times -if out of nature- acritical big teams surely become overstrained on letting do what they wouldn't want to.

The good part is that the hard work that makes mediocrity prevail creates more than enough good background for any geniality be visilbe, which I salute from here wherever it may have appeared.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22129.html