Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: ADDENDUM

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Cuneyt Budak on October 03, 2002 at 13:30:36:

In Reply to:  Re: ADDENDUM posted by Paul Malo on October 03, 2002 at 07:49:18:

WorldArchitecture in my sense is both interesting and may be also exceptional. The critical issue here is the prevelant paradigm of architecture of which both the professional media and the educational institutions world over are part of. I mean ideology, tacit knowledge, or whatever you call it is responsible of the so-called star system: The Star-system is a reflection of what we understand when we talk of architecture, or of beauty!

The debt of the developed countries to the rest of the world, on the other hand, is not limited to architectural paraphernalia. Please read my contribution to HABITAT II at the articles section of www.worldarchitecture.org
The World Arhitectural Heritage is not a less diverting emperialist strategy! The developed should pay for the restoration of the historic buildings if they wish to preserve this heritage. Otherwise, the preservation and restoration architectural reflections of wealth are rather a luxurious preoccupations for the poor, the starving, the dying... Please think of of Africa, or Central Asia...

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22276.html