Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - to create or not to create...

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Paul Dremann on October 05, 2002 at 09:34:30:

News is that the six teams of archirects chosen by the LMDC are crying that 'they will need more time'...November is too soon for anything 'detailed'...just rough sketches (etc.) are all that anyone(the likes of them) could do. But, I'm sure there will be a lot of 'midnight oil' expended between now and then. The creation of another/better concept for the panel of experts is their major goal.
I wish them well. Somehow I am not getting my hopes up for it may be an exersize in 'creation by committee'...their excess baggage going in will probably once again get in the way of the 'right' solution for the 'City'. I don't see any office today that can 'solve' the WTC rebuilding from the standpoint of 'previous experience' leading directly to some solution. Technically (Sweets catalog in hand)they may bedazzle a lot of neophites but there is no substitute for the 'creative' genesis. The concept if it ever arrives will somehow strike a chord in all of us, not just an ad-hock team of 'experts'. But, it may still happen...some great concept will carry the day in time to be built and paid for.
Incidently, for what it's worth...'i' have an idea/vision of the WTC also. Let's just suppose the by some 'one in a million' chance there may be something 'interesting' about it (my concept) WHAT at this date could I do with it? WHO would look at a rendering or plans done by 'one'?
Creating this concept(which is still evolving)has been fun to say the least. So, common sense says 'give up why be a fool'. So be it, I have honestly NOT seen anything better than what I call 'the MANHATTAN'.
If it were you, what would you do with such a creation??

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22313.html