Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Plenty of Time.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Richard Haut on October 05, 2002 at 16:48:34:

In Reply to:  Re: Plenty of Time. posted by Paul Malo on October 05, 2002 at 16:23:06:

the state of the markets hardly indicate massive rental incomes - and indeed the possibility of a grim time. However I do not know the intricacies of Manhattan property prices.

However, what I do know is that markets thrive on optimism - and certainly in Britain Tony Blair is talking the UK into a very fast recession.

Why do I get the feeling that everything that we are seeing now is because the long slide to hard times has actually begun ? If that is the case the authorities will want developers and tenants in place as fast as possible.

From what even someone on the sidelines of such a world like myself knows is that some of the major US and UK financial institutions will not settle into a recession but turn turtle and sink rapidly (as happened to some Japanese banks) because of the dodgy way that they have been emptying their own coffers. It could be a cold winter - and a war will do far more harm than good.

The idea of a developer-WTC which proves hard to let would be a very sad memorial.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22325.html