Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - "Spirituality?"

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Paul Malo on October 07, 2002 at 06:27:50:

In Reply to:  Re: Humane Environment posted by BRUTUS on October 07, 2002 at 00:27:36:

What's in a name? As Shakespeare put it, "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." You're talking about common human response to elemental architectural qualities. Probably we can agree about much of this, but we may not think of it as "sprituality." That 's a loaded term, at least for me, laden with all sorts of religious implications. I'm not a religious person, and certainly do not look to any religion for guidance--certainly not to avert a "clash of civilizations"! Religion is more the problem than the solution.

I think it's more promising to recognize that what we have in common is our humanity. It may be counterproductive to refer to common human responses in terms that carry fuzzy religious connotations.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22391.html