Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Our Public places are deserted!!!

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on October 15, 2002 at 12:24:55:

In Reply to:  Re: Our Public places are deserted!!! posted by Richard Haut on October 15, 2002 at 05:40:02:

Hi
You are quite right, still when I refere postmodernism I mention this assembly of triangles Roman collums and vases that remind about graveyard monuments. As if the toolbox are emty and the last pre. Lego toy blocks would create nice houses in bigger scale. Then when you mention landscaping I think about how this contry look very simular to the ones surrounding it, almost like one big garden, hardly any spot been left untoughed, everything almost to nice.
This sense Denmark look very much like germany ,sweden or most of Eu.
But still Copenhagen are a gray town, not that I think about towns as somthing harming the landscape as I think while towns are made by people it also reflect somthing about their mind, then I don't wonder if anyone living in this town get a bit deperssed in november. Maby this is why I like big buildings or rather the possiblities when buildings can grow further than the designers ever planned, as when things grow and absorb the space, you will not se black glass and unhumane castles with one entrance ,-------- maby this even fit better to the world our children experience in the schools where social skills count higher than knowleage and the tradisional skills from before the world became smaller in distance but bigger in conflicts. Guess I rather turn into cave digging, bet Il'l be much better maby even with a few new building methods .

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22586.html