Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Habits and Attitude

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Richard Haut on October 17, 2002 at 07:35:29:

In Reply to:  Re: Habits and Attitude posted by Paul Malo on October 17, 2002 at 06:31:14:

seeing ideas become reality can be breathtaking. Too often many people, myself included, have trouble realising that some projects may happen, can happen.

When they do it can create real excitement. The "London Eye" was a project that I had seen in models and artists' impressions many times. Would it happen ? To be truthful, I doubted it, but, when it did, masses of people were fascinated by the process of it being built. When the complex lifting of the giant wheel itself was being done, the process had to be paused in the middle for adjustment. The press howled that the whole thing was a disaster and must fail. People took no notice and went to watch.

The actual process of creating it caused delight - and it is a project that people adored immediately.

To see it through takes determination and a belief in oneself.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22636.html