Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: sniper - explain

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manuel Oliveros on October 18, 2002 at 10:16:21:

In Reply to:  Re: sniper - explain posted by d on October 17, 2002 at 12:36:19:

I initially would let the police see if in the end the sniper is just a mad man. Agatha Christie has already portraited one killer that killed many just to dissimulate the will of killing just one.

On that it could have political meaning or origin or relationship, it could prove be true, it is in Washington DC where the killings are taking place.

Respect policies of countries, it is clear that the governments in the countries try to follow (more or less) the interest of the country as they understand it ... that is typically misunderstood as the interest of the people of the ruling classes. This is valid over the world, I think.

The more interesting aspect of what I have here otherwise read is the estimate of 50 million US casualties for a widened war, that is, a technical evaluation.

One can well understand the military and intelligence in the US dragging their feet in following a mandated policiy of "strike first". Even with the awesome arsenal the US has, its army I have read recently be made of 1,600,000 men. To with this force reduce to wanted behaviour the day to day lives of 6 thousand millions of humans, giant numbers of them with non compatible views of personal rights, social organization and national stances, sounds like a goal not likely to be met. And military men love the goals be met.

So if even the US stays strong enough to implement such worldly policy of total supremacy, what without trying remains to be seen, it is clear that in the present cehckboard of the wills of the nations this is not going to be met without challenge as formidable as to the same US nationals soon starting to ask from heart or attrition if it is for this that they choose a ongoing government.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22678.html