Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: DON'T READ THIS !!!!!!!!!!-Preferences modern vs traditional

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on October 21, 2002 at 06:17:07:

In Reply to:  Re: DON'T READ THIS !!!!!!!!!!-Preferences modern vs traditional posted by BRUTUS on October 21, 2002 at 04:36:00:

Hi
Sorry , ----- now I do it again ,but you are quite right that Lego blocks are not that different than 3D-H if you accept the Lego filosofie with a "block" that fit with the rest not by shape but from assembly idear ; I allway's tried to focus on this issue, by saying that the important issue are the fact that each block will fit the next ,then shape is not the issue.
Kind of Lego blocks that vary it's shape but still form an assembly.
Anyway we like the blocks to automaticly do the paperwork, and in that sense modern architect applications don't either deal with the form of each block as the main thing are that each piece are registrated ; then it's shape are just somthing on the screen, that with no problem could be replaced with another form of Lego block , and the information documented could just aswell be the N.C. codes plus the cost pr. cut feet. ------ You are quite right the difference are hardly there, but the form and the possibilities in other respects are very different.
I don't know though what would be the best remains after a major catastrofy ; it is true that a method like the 3D-H at first glimpse _look_ very complicated, but fact is that it acturly can be maneaged with a virtural mind , the math. involved are realy so simple, and the calculations are easyli understood by just seing how it work in math. just once. ------ What Im'e pointing at, is that we proberly expect new technologies to be very complicated ,but forget that the computer is acturly here to make it all very much more simple, not to make everything more complicated, and with 3D-H I know that things work this way, that acturly this is more simple than the tradisional methods that operate with 3 planes, this only work with two ;))
Sorry Im'e so ignorant, but with each new building I se ,I "translate" it into either Lego or how the same structure will perform as one whole intergrated structure, instead of hundreds of individual blocks.
Ignorant about the wise critic I gathered here in this group, and blind in my fait that hands-on experience will show that mamy side effects that make it worth the trouble ; Lego isn't so bad, but whenever you read my mails please remember how it must be, to be critic about it, in the land of Lego ;))

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22760.html