Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - 3D honeycomb

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manuel Oliveros on October 25, 2002 at 09:56:25:

In Reply to:  Re: Please help me!!! posted by Per Corell on October 22, 2002 at 11:19:01:

Whatever the geometry is still geometry, Per ... I can understand your enthusiasm of an inventor or master of a technology in its promotion. I can see well the advantages of light penetrable stiff enough structures, adaptable as concrete to shapes etc, and so I see interesting prospective applications for what you promote. For example the distributed structural material and connections are likely to be quite good a dissipator of earthquake input energy.

This said, as with any inventor, what is more likely is that the idea gets the place of one more between others. Alternative technologies are developing, say nanotechnologies, that really pretend to place atom per atom where wanted. On the other hand other discoveries of the past, such modulation, repetition, economy of prefabricated equal parts and much of what formally already experimented are likely to remain, in my view. You have had even to rely in mimicking statues of the olden past to convince us renuent barbars, heh. You can also see that the technology of the macrocells whateverway built is crude when compared to electrodeposition/atomic sinterization likely to produce devices/components of better engineered configuration than anything still somewhat basically mechanical.

In short, Per, I am encouraging you to consider as well the other standing alternatives as very valid options for many of the architectural issues you will be mmeting in you career, this wihtout having at all to reject the ideas you show to love so much.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22879.html