Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: ILLSORY ARCHITECTURE

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Dex on October 26, 2002 at 20:12:38:

In Reply to:  Re: ILLSORY ARCHITECTURE posted by Paul Malo on October 26, 2002 at 05:23:56:

Agreed on the question of why would u want a triangular space if u did not want it to look/feel triangular? that is the point.

i have to design to context and the site is surrounded, unfortunately, by 3 hotel towers on all 3 sides of the stupidly triangular site (which has a small land area in fact). To max my floor plan, i have to adopt the triangular shape, if not, i would be quite impossible to manipulate connective spaces in the cafe i m designing for.

Plus. i have taken a look at garden designs. Huh? i dont understand wat techniques are available. i would supposed using curved walls will make the angled spaces a more "rounded" feel? Agree?

I remember an architect having this building of illusion. Walking up a ramp, but feeling you are on flat ground and when walking on flat ground, u feel like u are walking down a ramp. i want to explore into this, but i cant find the architect who did this illusory effect. any ideas of whom i can look up on regarding such strategies? Or do anyone have any good ideas?

Thanks, man.
DEX

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/22922.html