Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - intelligent buildings

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Ronan Arthur on November 05, 2002 at 09:38:24:

Dear Sir/Madame
I am currently a third year student studying for a BSc (Hons) in Real Estate Management in Oxford Brookes University.
The title for my dissertation is" The opportunities and potential benefits offered by intelligent buildings are being largely ignored by property professionals in the UK".
My aims regarding the subject are:
1. Define what an intelligent building is.
2. To make a case for intelligent buildings covering:
- capital costs
- running costs
- occupancy rates
- user/owner satisfaction
With reference to overseas markets
3. Reasons why so few intelligent buildings are built in the UK
what the barriers are from the point of view of:
- owners
- architects and designers
- property managers
- planners
- developers
- space agents

I would be greatful for any information that you think may be helpful to me or suggestions where I could locate any relevant information.
This subject, intelligent buildings interests me greatly as I realize that this is where the future of buildings lie and I assure you I will in no way waste your time if you decide to help me.
Yours sincerely,
Ronan Arthur

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Please follow up at our  Architecture Students Forum

Architecture Forum | Students Forum | Scrapbook | Home Design | 3D Gallery | E-Design

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23158.html