Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Where did architects go wrong?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on November 06, 2002 at 12:10:52:

In Reply to:  Re: Where did architects go wrong? posted by steve on November 06, 2002 at 09:18:11:

Hi
For once I don't agrea ; how did you get all those houses you allway's talk about, if not skilled architects know how to visualise this. Is this different than knowing the forms and materials, and being able to acturly produce it.
Where you risk to make a wrong choice, are when I tell that a new method can bring you what you want, a third the cost, somthing must be wrong, and it's not the method ; i build to many boats and produced enough code to say so, can't you se that the real trouble are conservatism ; no one simple want to _risk_ making money.
Now one single artist in the bottom of the pyramide dan hold a load of museums, and buisness , but what you fail to se, is that this is not _my_ foult ; digital simply produce cheaper and safer framework ,this proberly is the reson an artist not an engineer or an architect have the ability to provoke , but I still don't understand this ; my oldest son had his educations in groups all modern society change fundamentally and to be upgraded, he proberly will go from education to education, ------ why is it this count for architects, are they still bound with the russian strait edge ?

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23200.html