Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - An oppotunity to use visual arguments

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on November 07, 2002 at 01:53:21:

Hi
I hope the group know and accept my ignorance.
What I realy would like to do, is to take a well known building , one that reflect the technology trends and is develobed with the CAD tools you architects think is top expression of architecture leading into the new world, -------- and transform this, with what I argue are the true methods.
This way I hope to show ,that with new technology the idear is not what we expect the technology will bring, but the oppotunities that will show in a ceative process . I found it very difficult to focus on a simple thing as the framework construction , as then the critic had been dealing with anything else. I found it very difficult to defend a new method that need develobment and have only develobed a few years, against idears and tradisional methods, that refined thru centuries. very often I wished that I could make a true compartion with what architects _think_ are top technology, and I failed to make the point clear, that a lot of the creations I se , was those that lead into a dead-end allready 20 years ago.
Realy I feel, that this method are critisised from the experience architects had with a method that is _not_ the same. Experience that deal with a compleatly different idear, a compleat different "structure" that can't even be compared while covering only surfaces where the 3D-H cover the foundations.
This is why I ask anyone in the group, if there exist 3D plans of Bilbao. If I had even a tradisional plan of these volumes, I could digitise these and create these as 3D objects, -------- and get the chance to show, what 3D-H could have produced forming the same forms but intergrating both surfaces and interiors, or in other words get a true chance to show the point with visual arguments.
Or would a 3D sketch be enough.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23212.html