Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Only 13 years old!!

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  John DeFazio on November 07, 2002 at 09:27:44:

In Reply to:  Re: Only 13 years old!! posted by steve on November 07, 2002 at 06:48:22:

Steve,

When I was about 3, I constantly made scribbly abstract drawings... I would throw out the "bad ones" and parade around the "good ones". Once my mother, perplexed at the image and at my enthusiasm for it, (and I think disappointed with the results), asked "Johnny what is that supposed to be?" Shocked and indignant at her lack of understanding I proclaimed "it is not supposed to be "anything" ; it's a design!

Both you and I are very lucky to have a calling and to be doing something that goes to the bone, (and so are our sons).

It was my son's interest in film making that led to my course on Architecture & Film that I'm teaching right now. (The father learning from the son).
Soon our sons will be attending NYU, and swapping stories about their architect dad's and later answering questions on "Inside the Actor's Studio" , (..."what is your favorite curse word?"), from young, would-be film makers asking "when did you first know you wanted to be a director..."

John

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23227.html