Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: T o all wannabe architects- power station?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  JWmHarmon on November 07, 2002 at 13:57:11:

In Reply to:  Re: T o all wannabe architects posted by Jimmy on November 07, 2002 at 12:00:31:

Jimmy writes: "Mine looks like a 1950's power tranmission station.. and it lives beautifully.
A transcendence indeed."

So your home does not look like a house, but like a 50's power station. Some might find that re*volt*ing. Some may find it *electrifying.* Is there *amp*le room? Do you have *power* lunches there? Do visitors say, "*Ohm-my*? Is it built on solid *ground*?

*Watt* does it matter if it looks like a power station. You could always *transform* it into a post-modern structure which is the *current* style. Was there any *resistance* from any of your family members when you decided to move into this structure? Who's bright idea was this?

Does your home make a *power*ful statement? Does it lend itself to the *transmission* of any thought-provoking ideas?

Speaking of the rooms, how do you *coulomb*? Do you throw the trash into a *receptacle*?

Do you ever get any *Negative* reactions to your home?

Maybe I should *switch* to another topic! I'm *Positive* that I should.

(My feeble brain had no resistance to the preceding puns. My apologies to those for whom English is not your native language; the puns may not translate well into another language... But, after all, that is not my *fault*!)

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23241.html