Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: people dont deserve architects...

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manuel Oliveros on November 12, 2002 at 09:27:38:

In Reply to:  people dont deserve architects... posted by Adam on November 09, 2002 at 15:16:49:

Spain is also in the opposed side of the world to New Zealand, and well, I would say people in general (not specific individuals) is getting the architecture they deserve, for they don't care at all about getting a better one. I could write some of your sentences for my country as well.

Here I would say maybe even over 90% of the homes are made with the participation of the architect, that is in practice mandatory for all buildings except factory and some bridges, yet this doesn't change the result for the key resides in the will of gettintg something good done, which is absent.

Respect bigger participation of architects and complication of the design instruments as plans, it must be only a device of some shortage of architects and technicians at hand, for the general trend is toward more bureaucracy. If you are young enough, you may live the days where you will endear those ones in which a mere 3 DIN A3 set could be used to define something, for the opposite is being lived here, fantastic bureaucracies filling lots of plans of nothingnesses many times just to justify budget, and lots of writing printed in big characters with lots of blanks. I have seen it for myself, and this is even more a sin of engineering practice than architecture.

Then, I can understand very well the frustration of anyone wanting to do the things well, in architecture, and in almost everything, for there is astounding opposition to good practices.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23346.html