Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: opinion on getting back into architecture- acceptance

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on November 18, 2002 at 03:44:55:

In Reply to:  Re: opinion on getting back into architecture- acceptance posted by JWmHarmon on November 18, 2002 at 03:06:10:

Hi
Many years ago we knew this old Finnish sailer , well acturly he were a retired captain who even sailed the Newfoundland schooners as deckhand, knew all south and north american harbours and I wonder what he did during ww2. Anyway this guy at the age of 86 when he finaly left his houseboat to live a few years with solid ground under his feets , han a language ,where one word was svedish, the next english, then a few spanish and portugese and even norvegian danish german , ---- these was the languages I recornised.
In the ships this was no problem as many deckhands was all nations and I guess you van't ude finnish on an american bluenose.
Hardly anyone here could understand what he said , even I had no trouble, guess that people got that surprised that this little man could even say a word , that they mentaly blocked the flexibility you needed with this kind of persons.
Anyway just to se how happy this guy seemed with a table ,a bed and 4 chairs bought at the local salvation army store, and an unprotected lightbulb at the cealing , realy are a moment I remember the rest of my life; he only survived a few years on land , but happy with hardly any goods.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23518.html