Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: opinion on getting back into architecture

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on November 21, 2002 at 02:38:07:

In Reply to:  Re: opinion on getting back into architecture posted by Rob the Tiger on November 20, 2002 at 16:19:59:

Hi
Here in this contry, when I went to school , there were only one way to place the commas and points, ------ then near last grade we got another option, as then the language was alloved to be loosened and not so restrictive ; acturly these new rules made everything a bit easyer to express. But either you shuld use one system or the other.
This went on for many years, then came the computer.
With that text shuld be easyer read, and recently the last 7 -- 8 years, a new set of rules been pointed to, by these chalk-fingered professors ; ----- the text are allowed a very tolerant comma and punctation structure . Realy it were difficult at a start, while everyone were used to a comma before every "at" ,somthing you just do automaticly , but when you tried reading texts without forced comma's , the text acturly become more easy to read, the meaning are better progressed, and the "rythm" become less stacatto.
These things I don't know about , about english .
These things I don't know about about english.
Can a language move ,with evolution in time.
Can a language move with evolution ,in time.
Sorry spelling are not the only hassle, sorry to say that I somwhere feel that you english talking ones, are the ones missing the small but important neuances in language ;))
As I said, ----- with new means even our language will change, you want everyone to use english, but as the Romans you need to adabt technologies, aswell as when somthing work better.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23634.html