Message - Re: Roof-top garden with 'Earth-column'

    Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Zong on November 28, 2002 at 14:21:54:

In Reply to:  Re: Roof-top garden with 'Earth-column' posted by d on November 28, 2002 at 06:03:25:

It may be understood when you think of the principle of watertank where the surplus water flow away through the upper outlet. In my system, rainwater level above the roof-top earth is drained as common roof-top, and the water submerged into the earth body will be drained by way of 'earth column' which resembles old-type concrete dust-chute.

The inner material of 'earth column'(circular or rectangular with diameter of 1.5M), may well be made of plastics (to the end of waterproof) that are supplied by the units (unit height vary according to the floor height) shaped like "Y".

The vertical part of "Y" is called 'column' connecting the whole building from ground to the rooftop earth layer. Diagonal parts of "Y" is connected to the balconies of each apartment.

Thank you...

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search


Post a Response -



This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

    1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.


Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23819.html