Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Quintessential of Architectural passion---> how did it all start for u?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  bukky on December 01, 2002 at 02:12:47:

In Reply to:  Quintessential of Architectural passion---> how did it all start for u? posted by Mambo Jumbo on November 24, 2002 at 08:31:08:

Passion for architectrue....
Good to know that there are still people or shall i say architects who view architecture so intimately and not just as a program of requirements....

Architeture, if i must define it is life...an intercourse between man and his 'need'. the product of which is what we all find difficult to define.

I know architecture is about creation of space. but what is space?

I know architecture is about amelioration of conflicts between man and his environment but what are these conflicts?

What exactly are we in love with? what exactly are we studying or practicing cuz int he next two months I'll be graduating.

I've been in this stuff for six years, short may be but it has been a long session of uravelling mysteries, mysteries thaaaat seem not to want ot come to an end.

I used to be very passionate baout architecture... now? Now, i wonder...what is architecture?

Two days ago, i decided architecture is a woman ( the fact that I am female has got nothing to do with this decision).... You'd never figure them out!

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23864.html