Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Floating Bridge ... reinventing the pontoon

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on December 02, 2002 at 15:39:14:

In Reply to:  Re: Floating Bridge ... reinventing the pontoon posted by Manuel Oliveros on December 02, 2002 at 10:11:52:

Hi
You are quite right, I se this as a ship rather than any other structure. I am not pleased with the bottom shape as this is still not a boat hull so I can't make anything with the ends to provide abilities or maby this is just what is needed.
Even this hull will be extreamly cheap, you proberly need a second use for barges to make it a succes, ------- guess it's better spending the money on the web ,than providing the bridges needed ;))
Even it would be a splended buisness, and the bridges could form intire networks within the harbour, even you can calculate the cost of each cubic meter bargebridge have the intire trafic problem solved, even you can have full access and hotels on the way, in the middle of heaven, -- Hell is what you want ;))
Even better, I make this baby survive a trip to Mars ,just give me 14 day's and 14 helpers, and it will crach an astroide , ---- beside you can produce it out there in a short span of time. why is it, you Romans don't like sheet materials and digital ; did you realy find the pyramides so interesting ?
A solid triangle ; sure you would escape the structure, but the thing are solid for heaven's sake , you can't use the thing and it is heavy.
Beside as plain barges not build in Titanium but steel even ferro cement paneling is possible with steel framework , there are a few methods to build a reinforced curved panel using reinforcement patterns still you Romans expect birds, allready fried, pass your mouth as soon as you ask. First you don't want to make money, now you don't want what you asked ;))
Is this the life of a designer ;))

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23897.html