Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Elevations plans of the Sydney Opera House

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per corell on December 04, 2002 at 11:24:39:

In Reply to:  Re: Elevations plans of the Sydney Opera House posted by Thomas Beard on December 04, 2002 at 06:06:46:

Hi
If this is the same model I recall, you have a number of options.
It' a no use 3D solid plus polymesh 3D presentation , a model of the volumes not a specific bill of materials. Most are solid volumes and you can't realy se the interiors in this drawing.
Now if you copy the intire Solid and scale the copy to provide a thick wall , when you subtract the new scaled one from the original ; this will leave a rough shell and is better than the solid volume model , as it can produce the remaining in an assembly framework .
I find it nice that the buildings are beautifull, I still se the foundations and the top as two different structures. But most interesting about this building as architecture ,is the fact about the experimenting attitude this is what made any result from my point of view. as I can mainly visoualise the Opera as an intergrated framework . --- the most efficient structure and a structure that easily will produce the forms of this building, proberly a third the cost, definitly four times stronger, and providing a structure that eliminiate stressed forces.
If you got a true 3D presentation, with interiors windows , seats aso. Plywood proberly would be a nice alternative, so think I ,as sjeet material provide very exclusive small structures, today prepared with cheap 2D routers. Today one person can acturly produce a building like this , --- also build it.
But experimenting kind of stopped with this obvious succes ,anyway in the directions this lovely building provide , why couldn't we have one in copenhagen ;))
Anyway in many other modern buildings, where there are used high-tech as sort of Decor. where matematics rather provide hollow tank type rooms. With Sydney these volumes have a porpous so this is not what I mean , and even architecture work with Lego you don't need to.
But this building were made before computers and 3D-H.
This is not bad.

This much talk about that I find that 3D model to simple it would be nice with one you can travel in 3D, still this also mean a hexa double of computing hardware.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/23952.html