Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: does anybody knows Prof. Malo in person?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  d on December 12, 2002 at 06:58:55:

In Reply to:  Re: does anybody knows Prof. Malo in person? posted by Per Corell on December 12, 2002 at 02:48:55:

I don't believe you scared him away...

Actually, your work has led to many interesting thoughts among participants in this forum...
I don't think the critique over your ideas is by any means over...

I would (as a "Roman"-no, an "Egyptophile") just say that in your work there is a certain lack of correspondence between the directionality of the overall form, and the orientations and proportions of the structural cells....
In other words, there is an impression that the honeycomb structure is simply an isotropic medium, esthetically neutral, and which seems almost frighteningly logical..
The structure almost seems not to require any human architect at all-

This may account partly for the tepid reception you received among architects; engineers , on the other hand, might be interested....

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24131.html