Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - In my opinion

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Mexican Tequila on December 13, 2002 at 03:06:22:

In Reply to:  comtemporary urban design theory posted by eddie on December 12, 2002 at 20:06:42:

The Modern theorey of Urabn Design, was to design cities, straight from the drawng board. By this I mean, everything perfectly well thought out. Here al the nightlife business, here only urban, here all the coffee shops, here al the malls, etc etc.. everyhting in orden and with a pourpouse.. Something similiar attempted in Brazil I think... Yet this did not work out, because peopel need a certain spontanity, to give that spark of life, and cities have to grow by themselves, using what they have. If for example theres a nice cave, along side a beach, that cna be used maybe for a bar, for young poeple partying after bathing at the beach..... not using it for a hotel because thats the hotel district designated by the city arquitect... get what I mean?? use eveything for what it can best be used!

now ive heard about these theorey of letting cities grow, like a human body, it not only grows in size but it also takes changes and morphs in many different aspects, also letting things happen to the city like for examples scars that would develop after a wound on flesh... or growing muscles because of excercices. all this applied on a city growing (because it really is alive!).. I think this might be the contemporary theorey of urban design.

please tell me what you think feel free to right me
hope I could help

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24162.html