Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - New York Architecture (RE: Peer_81)

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  chris on December 16, 2002 at 01:34:00:

Pardon my ignorance. I'm not sure why some posting have a field to reply to and others have small type at the bottom that says: "This document is provided for on-line viewing only." Peer_81's posting from 2 days ago was explicitly asking for advice, so I will create a new posting here.

Yo don't seem to be requesting a style or period... just general New York architecture... the famous will be easy. Yo can get to Empire State, Time Square, UN Building, Columbus Circle... that will all be covered on a typical tourist brochure.

Here are three recent projects that are noteworthy:

Austrian Cultural Institute, 11 East 52nd Street, by Raimund Abraham
LVMH Tower, 21 East 57th Street, by Christian de Portzamparc
Prada Store, 575 Broadway, by Rem Koolhaas

I would also suggest investing in a book called AIA Guide to New York City. It's a dictionary like directory of just about every building in the city put together by the American Institute of Architects. You can get it on Amazon.com

Goto wirednewyork.com and be sure to check out the forum page. People will be discussing local architecture, primarily new skyscraper construction, pretty much an all locals forum.

Goto skyscrapers.com and have a look at New York City.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24222.html