Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Azimuths of the Parthenon

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on December 16, 2002 at 15:22:01:

In Reply to:  Re: Azimuths of the Parthenon posted by Manuel Oliveros on December 16, 2002 at 09:31:11:

Hi
What the Romans did, was to adabt technologies and maintain progress by offering these different technologies, still they found no use for pyramides as there are no use for them. My critic about Lego is more serious than my complains about Romans, but I guess a few don't realy like the warnings about mixing tradisional structures with high tech Decor as this seem to be the trend. Seriously I guess that there are Visions doing so, but not with these early xero thickness mesh entities, but with ballanced vilumes and sensible high tech structures making the Lego make sense, there will be a way to combine the best of future to come, and the build in logic with 3 plane boxworks . I must agrea that not all Lego are square, but I find it so wrong, to spend so much money with high tech addisions, that only fullfill one porpous, have no structure and cost a farm , when there are cheap and easy high- tech structures, that will not be Decor, that will even make build-around with reson, leaving the tradisional structures without being in conflict.
There are no graphic this time, I hope one day to be able to do what I just described ; now I know how ;))

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24240.html