Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Wire mesh structures

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on January 02, 2003 at 02:49:23:

Hi
Anyone who kindly accepted my promotion of 3D-H , proberly don't know, that leading up to this new building method, another vision was doing the zero thickness meshes in another new way, that will bring any fancy mesh entity into reality with the means of a yet simpler mashin.
Still who is interested in producing a wire mesh any shape ,with the exact measures as the 3D plan.
Now I find it even wierder ,that when anyone know the trouble ,bringing emty geostatic Domes and free-form wave shaped entities ,that no one I heard of, even tried to find a way to get this automated, so you can produce these fancy mesh Domes in a form that will make it possible to use these, for a ferro-cement roof-house, ------- sorry this is the best way I can express how I view the options with the zero thickness mesh structures architects first seen some 15 years ago, you know these that turned out to be expensive emty spaces, while every frame and adjusting fitting need to be made in crome plated gold.
Anyway I have not published much about this simple idear, that with a very simple mashine will produce meshworks from the size of a birds house, to whatever weight the structure will be able to hold, ----- without what would be the natural mean, a 3D-Honeycomb structure, offering the floors and structure covered with a mesh structure.

Why is it no one wanted production equipment to produce the strings for a mesh any shape. ---- not exactly as in the graphic as that is 3D-H ,but how architects thought meshes as generated with some of the first CAD programs, would be avaible with the sort of CAM ,I then develobed for this particular use, before I found that structure is more important than surface.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24564.html