Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Wire mesh structures

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Chris on January 03, 2003 at 09:18:56:

In Reply to:  Wire mesh structures posted by Per Corell on January 02, 2003 at 02:49:23:

Thank you Ken for saying something that a lot of people here I am sure would like to say, but none of us are so rude to say it. While it is nice to see exploration in a new type of strucural method, I have not saw any evidence from Per that this has gone any further that a 3-d model. I have not seen anything to show me how two segments of this honeycomb structure attach to each other, or what is the physical makeup of one of these segments. How would the structure be enclosed? How would you incorporate glazing into one of your honeycomb structures? I am not criticizing the idea of these structures being buildable, but I am criticzing the fact that none of what I have reviewed posted on this web site shows a buildable building, or takes my mind any firther than seeing it as a fantasy structure. Not only one or two, but dozens of these are shown on these forums. When I read a new post by Per I expect to see one of these superstructures taken to another level, but I never get surprised, its always the same old. Get into this construction system a little more and show people here how things would really go together, not just what it could look like.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24589.html