Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - resource

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  jonathan on January 03, 2003 at 19:30:26:

Hi all
I am jonathan, a south african trained architect living in santa fe, new mexico (look it up). i am sitting on a wealth of information and talent in the realm of alternative/ sustainable design and wish to share it/ build on it. i am passionate about the built environment and the potential it holds for the nurturing of human endeavour, specifically how the spaces we inhabit nurture or suppress our potential. not in an academic or abstract way, but drawing on the legacy of chris alexander and other visionary " barefoot architects".
so much is available in my region, from native american resolutions to environmental problems colliding with "woo-woo" new-age (rhymes with sewage) ideals, to the workadaddy strip-mall/ tract home expediencies of todays' world that we gulp down as the inherited paradigm. i would dearly like to collaborate/ share with others of like mind in projects or conversations that may, possibly, lead to a world in balance.

i am well versed in alternative technologies, as am current in the commercial trends that prevail, and am exploring the nuances, impact and potentials of the common laborer in the construction of our built environment. (ie: how the grunt contributes to and benefits from the trench he/she digs in a qualitative way)

in short, hi, and i am at your service . . .

j

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24608.html