Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Background information needed for novel

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Janet on January 05, 2003 at 16:02:41:

I am working on a novel in which a main character is a architect and master carpenter. I am looking for basic information on terminology for designs, specs, blueprints, portfolios, etc as well as office set-up, ie departments, who does what, materials used in design, etc. I also need basic information on how a project is completed, from first client contact to finished building. My character will focus on upscale remodels of older homes as well as building upscale homes (4000 sf and up). Thank you for your time. Please e-mail if you are interested in answering some questions.

Janet

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24647.html