Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: ArchWeek - Designs on Industrial Technology

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on January 06, 2003 at 17:09:11:

In Reply to:  Re: ArchWeek - Designs on Industrial Technology posted by Larry Barrow on January 06, 2003 at 15:49:11:

Hi
Thanks for your nice reply ; please exchouse if you think I am critic about works I proberly would never match, but this is a very complicated issue, and if you don't dare ask ,the the discussion could start to late.
I find the "primitive" methods in 1977 mesh entities far more advanced, than the filosofy of a few of the most modern architect app.

But there are more to it than this, will the idear of pulling out standard walls as how today's architect app. work, be the right tool, compared the options with these early free-form tools, ------ when "free-form" finaly find the right link between production and projecting it will maby produce geometric forms, maby organic shaped and proberly even recursivly defined spaces. with both big and small scale details, defined in a simple formular. Still from the wish of an artist, it shuld be a tool you can master from your vision.
Wire-mesh entities was the right direction ; not that "free-form" in particular shuld be any ideal, but it was different . In this sense it was one step closer linking the production ,but there was a few drawbacks. ------- Still I find the "old" mesh entities more high-tech than some quite rigid applications of today ; if the goal are missing or to complex, if not overshadowed by the fact that there are not just "one" new technology, but several.
Arts don't change over night and as long as there are artists looking for beauty the most unexpected places ,they maby even will provide cheap housing, if not safer ,faster build or even with different expressions than what we would expect ; no I do not think architects will ever lose sight of the goal.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24670.html