Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Is Digital Design Desirable?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Gary on January 14, 2003 at 13:43:09:

In Reply to:  Re: Is Digital Design Desirable? posted by Edison's Ghost on January 12, 2003 at 20:14:50:

Precisely. The original message in this thread seems naive to me, in that, it suggests that architects and engineers are creating structures in an intellectual vacuum, without any real world context. This is such silly, childish nonsense. No competent deisgn professional that I'm aware of (and I've been in the field of architecture for 25 years) is going to spend one minute developing 3D models and renderings without also developing construction documents from which a building can be constructed. Also, no design professional ever embarks upon such a project without a thorough study and survey of the specific site and existing conditions in which the structure will be built. To do otherwise would be an insane waste of time and money. Granted, there are designers who design houses for sale as stock plans, and these plans are not site-specific, but that's what revisions are for.

Gary

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24838.html