Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Would appreciate feedback on my WTC site idea

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  d on January 16, 2003 at 12:18:38:

In Reply to:  Would appreciate feedback on my WTC site idea posted by Shaun on January 16, 2003 at 10:52:47:

Yes..I think its a good effort..

But I am not an architect....

I was also interested in the possibilities of "negative space" for some time, as above....
But I think that this approach is not too popular with the professional community, perhaps because fundamentally, it simply
derives from the originals, which were not, apparently , to the taste
of theoreticians......
On that level, also, I noticed that the new proposals generally avoid "classical" in favor of "dynamic" symmetry; which, I would assume, inasmuch as these two formats oscillate in design over periods of decades, means that we are now in a regime of fractured, off-balance and unstructured structure.
So anything which has formal symmetry (as with your spiral-arm
plan) is probably out of the running for awhile....
Of course, it may take "awhile" for anything to be resolved about the site...

By the way, it would perhaps be interesting to compare the two main types of architectural symmetry, with their counterparts in molecular physics; I wonder if the "energy states" associated with assymetric structures are not higher than with symmetric ones...

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24887.html