Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Is Architecture a Global Profession ?

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Jonathan Segura on January 18, 2003 at 16:00:26:

In Reply to:  Is Architecture a Global Profession ? posted by Anderson Pisaniello on January 13, 2003 at 20:30:54:

I will say yes. Architecs have the obligation to respond to the problems that lay within the human being, at first we were in charge of providing protection against weather conditions, now our responsability goes beyond that. Not only do we provide protection but we also construct the spirit and vision of the persons. We are no longer only a respond of what's goes on in society, but now we also determine to were society is heading. By the way, excuse my spelling if I make a mistake, but my writing in english is not that good.I know it may sound like a responsability that goes beyong our field, but remember that we create the world in which humans develop society(could this means that the actual world conditions had happened because of the way we have consive our soroundings? That will be another issue to disscusion). With globalization architecture becomes a global experience ( like everything else in that matter) making the architec to be force to break the walls that are dividing our society ( I will leave that word in singular)and work with the forces that are handle on the diferent conflicts, giving directions to this forces so they can come together and flow. My comment maybe a little disperse but I think you guys know what I mean.
Bye from Costa Rica, mrsure.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24938.html