Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Frank Lloyd Wright and japanese architecture.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  polyrhythmic on January 20, 2003 at 13:40:23:

In Reply to:  Frank Lloyd Wright and japanese architecture. posted by sharrea on January 20, 2003 at 12:41:14:

in regards to your question; there really is no answer. it's all influence. when taking a look at architecture, there needs to be an understanding that it's all universal design -
japan is an island; a culture which is not indefinitely based upon survival, but maintaining a painsaking lifestyle that can accompany to it's people, considering there are many abrupt earthquake calls.
the japanese architecture isn't necessarily 'modern design' - althought it does have a contemporary feel to it, it is all and only all based on a lifestyle which is much more different than that of western civilization.
frank lloyd was a modernist. there was and still is much controversy concerning the modernist movement and it's comparison to the teachings, morals etc. of the previous arhictectures [baroque, renessaince etc]. lloyd did lots of vigorous research about japanese architecture, landscape, urban etc... and concluded [indirectly] that the modernist lifestyle could benefit, containing just a list of beliefs shared by the japanese.

the seven lamps of architecture - i can't remember them right now ;)

but some important points:

-keeping design to it's minimal is very important - you must consider budget, functionalism, diversified adaptations from all people of the world.
-never include something that isn't necessary or won't benefit the structure itself. style is a fad. fad's go away and usualyl don't return for years.
-let your structure camoflouge with nature. this was easy for the japanese architecture being that it was a very small island and their materials were purely natural resources.

ok, i'm talking too much. if what i'm saying doesn't make sense, forgive me; i just got up an hour ago. TA TA

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24964.html