Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Frank Lloyd Wright and japanese architecture.

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Mini on January 21, 2003 at 05:32:09:

In Reply to:  Re: Frank Lloyd Wright and japanese architecture. posted by polyrhythmic on January 20, 2003 at 13:40:23:

I do agree with what polyrhythmic said, 'there really is no answer. it's all influence.' Yap......that's totally right!

Let's see the situation here. Lloyds - Lloyds is not here with us anymore. Who knows where or how he is influenced by Japenese architecture? Even though we wake him up and ask him, 'hey, man. Is your work influenced by Japenese style?' He might answer, 'Hey, please, sir. My design is totally original. I didn't copy them from anyone.....Ohhhh....let me rest in peace.....' You might feel I'm telling you a joke, but I'm quite serious tho. What I'm trying to say is that there's no exactly a correct answer, but see how you link Lloyd's design and Japenese architecture together.

Let's try to find some example.

Lloyd is a modernist. Read the architectural history, and we know that modernist do care a lot about function. See those Japenese architectures. They are so pure and lack of ornament. They discover the pure beauty with materials. Look at Tadao Ando, that minimal language, that excellence in considering budget and functionalism.

Some other element you might find similar between Lloyd and Japenese is the way they involve nature into their architectural design. Believe you can recall one of the Lloyd's design, where he use water as the engine to activate the original pure geometer......and Look at those Japenese ones, they pay a lot attention to involve nature within their architectonic form. If you've ever been to Japan. Pay a bit attention to those landscape element in a building. Sometimes you'll surprisely find that even the annual rings of a tree follows the direction of the architectural geometry.

Finally. I appologise about my piggy English....if it makes my wording doesn't make sense, then.....please forgive me to waste of ur time on reading these.....

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/24981.html