Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Wire mesh structures (continued, hopefully not for long )

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on January 24, 2003 at 09:16:30:

In Reply to:  Re: Wire mesh structures (continued, hopefully not for long ) posted by Gary R on January 24, 2003 at 08:44:32:

Hi
You are quite right, --- still there are situations where you need to "protect" a client against the clients own wishes to give the design a toutch ; that's in boat design where you need to be very strict as othervise you will spend a lot of time discussing, where it's a better attitude to be arogant.
Still please se it this way, that the structure nomatter how organic is no further expense compared a geometric shape. I se no goal in organic forms just for the style, as you are quite right that the challance must be there to deliver what the client ask but not what the client tell, as then you don't have the oppotunity to develob new methods or new form languages or even new technologies.
You talk about spaces, where I talk about structures. I find the technical solutions about Bilbao obsulute but only as I can prove a better method ; proberly one that a visionary architect would be able to use as a tool -------- then please se that with what I promote, there be no differense between an organic or geometric structure ,and both will be much more economic than the tradisional methods.
Now what do you buy after starving a week . ------ a cheap meal or a luxury banquet . Then what do you make grow when you develobed a new building method that build anything at a third the cost four times as strong ;))
Beside, if you realy want to offer your clients somthing that reduce the choice of 20 different beam types ,fittings and fragile hanger connections, this is it. As here there are only one material and one manufactoring mashin, then with this method you can experience the options and cut the cost ; if Bilbao had been in an intergrated framework and not in a number of poly meshes it would not have requiered an army of craftmen, it wouldn't even have asked an army of ingineers. Anyway I agrea what you say, but are you then willing to take the consequense .

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25070.html