Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Wire mesh structures (continued, hopefully not for long )

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Per Corell on January 29, 2003 at 07:37:41:

In Reply to:  Re: Wire mesh structures (continued, hopefully not for long ) posted by Gary R on January 28, 2003 at 08:25:34:

Hi
But when you have the choice, know that this is the options ,know what this will mean in reduction of cost and proberly the most important, that you are offered a new form language promising much more flexibility as with just one material and a method you acturly can trust much better than the ones in use, --- it will be a temptation.
Now if you just know how much it mean, when somone just say, that proberly in the future this sill be one of the methods you will expect being an alternative in many applications, you proberly se why I find it worth continuing to point to the multible possible applications, where the choice of a material that form in an assembly framework is evident. But the more I get to know about the tradisional methods and their applications, the more disapointed I get about these. As I told I have a background with crafts and hands on experience, and I am frightened how conservatism maneage to cut out true progress even Gaudi's craftmen proberly didn't need any math. to figure out how much brickwork could form the decor before things got to heavy, and any student can start 3Ds to "se" what will happen under cirtain condisions or a given weight pr. cubic ; these tools are there for anyone who can start a computer and who know how to add a script.
Anyway thank's for the nice words, I se that it do pay off to be ignorant and that you se "where" orr limitations are, still with the graphics, no framework are yet generated as first there must be an idear to it, and often you need more than one idear to form a vision.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25157.html