Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Rebuilding WTC: Man does not live by bread alone

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manuel Oliveros on February 02, 2003 at 09:48:41:

In Reply to:  Rebuilding WTC: Man does not live by bread alone posted by Eugene Tenenbaum on February 01, 2003 at 06:04:54:

A nice critics on architect and critic... (maybe doesn't look so to them and their supporters). Frankly, seeing some things built by Libeskind and imagine them scaled up to the biggest building in Earth is not the best scenario as an architect I would love to witness. Simply, some things do not stand well beside others, this thing most humans know.

This is not to say Huxtable and Libeskind don't deserve some nice place under the architectural sun ... yet many others also deserve and are waiting. Huxtable may have been -on the practicalities of decisions -lured to support one of the designs. I myself don't support any of those I have seen, as I have already expressed ... they are unispired in my view.

I still feel to commemorate things need not be present, but gone. But the stirring caused by WTC demise and related events, which are many (and some surely well precede WTC fall itself) are for all us still compelling actuality, and under the hurries of our worries about practical things spirit rarely finds the proper setup for remembrance.

On the other hand, practicalities may dictate the hole to be filled. Be then it filled, but don't impose upon the understanding mind of the architects that a repair has become the utmost realization of architecture.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25237.html