Design 
  Community 
  Architecture 
  Discussion 

Message - Re: Please give your critique of this W.T.C. proposal

Responses | Architecture Forum | Architecture Students | Architecture Scrapbook | ArchitectureWeek    

Posted by  Manuel Oliveros on February 02, 2003 at 10:02:51:

In Reply to:  Please give your critique of this W.T.C. proposal posted by D.W.Dodge on February 01, 2003 at 08:49:38:

Well ... any contribution deserves to be lloked at (some would argue not but as usally said, then, how to know).

On the first hand your drawings are meaningful to transmit some basic aspects of your idea, yet they may fail to convey the kind of materiality and materialization you have in mind. This might change the appreciation of those looking, and so my own view.

My main comment is that your design doesn't look western enough for one of the places where western ways are more entirely implemented. Of course one can see you are aware of that from your text (unitarism) and read about the oriental influx in your drawings, even if you want with some FLLW inspirationm yet as I put elsewhere, some things don't fit at some places.

In any case, may more things need be addressed, place precisely between others, and the whole treatment of the site and space. In commenting at this level of things, we only have your sketches, and so we may miss a lot of what you would build in truth, what could change our views.

So in the end I would still stay considering more designs in wait of one more fitting to those living and those dead, and to USA and the world.

ArchitectureWeek     Search     Buildings     Architects     Types     Places     Pix     Free 3D Models     Store     Library

Search GreatBuildings.com by name of Building, Architect, or Place:   
Examples:  "Fallingwater",  "Wright",  "Paris"           Advanced Search

Responses:

Post a Response -

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

This is an archive page. Please post continuing discussion to the new Architecture Forums.

To post successfully to the new membership-based DesignCommunity Forums:

1) Go to the new forums area.
    2) Register with a valid email address.
    3) Receive and respond to the confirmation email.
    4) Then login to the new forum system.

Special thanks to our Sustaining Subscribers including BuilderSpace.com .

Home | Great Buildings | CAD Outpost | DesignWorkshop | Free 3D | Gallery | Search | ArchitectureWeek
This document is provided for on-line viewing only. /discussion/25238.html